We have been taking advice from public health officials and making decisions that balance our need to provide community safety with maintaining the health and safety of our members.
As of April 1, 2020, no Cancom Security staff have tested positive for Covid-19.
At every location, we take action to ensure enhanced cleaning measures as recommended by public health officials, such as additional surface cleaning in frequently accessed areas, are undertaken as soon as possible. Those who work in close proximity to members who may test positive are advised to self-monitor.
Protecting our members is of paramount importance. Cancom Security continues to provide its members with the most up-to-date information from public health officials with respect to self-screening, social distancing, frequent hand-washing with soap, and practicing self-isolation.
Currently there are no changes to our frontline operations.
The impact the COVID-19 pandemic is having on our communities is felt on many levels impacting our elderly and youth. There is no need for panic, but this is a time to exercise best practices and isolation to help our medical professionals contain and fight this health risk. During this difficult time, I wanted to share how Cancom Security is working with medical advice and best practices in order to serve you while keeping our employees’ health and safety a top priority:
- We are ensuring that our teams are available to support and meet the needs of our customers by implementing local and regional contingency plans across the country.
- Our offices, branches and facilities remain open and operate business as usual with increased sanitation practices and restricted visitor policies except where prohibited by law.
- We restricted all unnecessary travel that isn’t business or customer-critical to minimize risk to our employees in the course of their daily work and in support for public health efforts to contain the virus.
- Our management Team monitors the situation 24/7 to ensure we have a real-time assessment of developing events and mitigates any potential impact.
- We have encouraged our office-based employees to work from home to minimize risk of exposure and disruption.
Cancom Security Inc.